Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lovely Day


The weather was so beautiful yesterday, I was able to go on on my first jog of the year. It was short, only 3 laps around the park, but very refreshing. I think the new adidas by Stella McCartney collection inspired me a little to get moving after seeing it at Mills, the Holt Renfrew of Halifax, in the morning. I loved all the springy yellow.


I also went into some vintage shops and found a really pretty (and small) Emanuel Ungaro scarf. Perfect to tie around a bag. I'm a big fan of Ungaro, and the 2008 pre-spring collection looks beautiful. I don't usually go into second hand shops unless I'm in a special hunting mood since the disorganization puts me off. The place I sometimes visit named The Clotheshorse is wonderful because Merle Bryant will help you pick out great stuff she thinks you'd like, that you probably would not have found on your own amongst all the happy clutter.




I also paid a visit to Gallery Page and Strange which sits right under my school. The Gerald Ferguson exhibit is going on, that was interesting to look at. His work is currently being featured in the magazine Canadian Art. I love the plasma cut steel oil cans by Cal Lane, delicate pretty patterns done on such a cold solid material.

No comments: